Long Winter Molasses Cookies

I love molasses cookies. Thin, chewy, spicy, and rich. I found this recipe on Jenna's blog Eat, Live, Run and knew it was perfect.  I don't have a lot of cookie recipes on my blog (mostly because I am not a great baker), but my goal is to try and get more cookie and baking recipes. I have become more comfortable with gluten free baking over the past year and excited to try out new recipes. This recipe is super easy and turned out delicious. I accidentally put my cookies a little close together  on the baking sheet, so excuse to odd shapes!

We are getting ready for the Packer game in Green Bay, and simmering up some yummy bean soup.
Have a great day!

Long Winter Molasses Cookies
adapted from Eat, Live, Run

2 cups all purpose flour (we use gluten free)
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4th tsp ground white pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 stick + 4 T melted butter

Instructions
In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, white pepper, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, egg and molasses. Stir well to combine.
Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to form a sticky dough. Wrap in wax paper and chill in the fridge for at least an hour before rolling out on a flour surface and punching with either cookie cutters or a glass.
Bake cookies on a lined sheet tray at 375 for eight minutes.

Labels: , ,